Tuesday, February 26, 2008

First Stitches Purchase FO (Kind Of)

I couldn't help myself! I had to jump in and play with some of my Stitches loot right away. Lookee!









This is 100% bamboo from Fiber Fiend in the Stormy Weather colorway. 4 ounces, spun 2-ply, 245 yards. I hadn't spun bamboo before, but I went under the assumption that it would be similar to silk. I set my wheel accordingly and it spun up pretty easily.









Now. What shall I knit with it?

ETA: I just noticed the date on the band is wrong. I blame it on cold meds.

9 comments:

Margit Sage said...

That was quick! Looks great!

~Donna~ said...

Ooooh...purty!!! Looks very yummy. Excuse me while I drool...cos that's about all I can manage...still...gah...

Cindy/Snid said...

Wow. Impressively quick! Looks like gorgeous fun to play with!!!

Kathy in San Jose said...

That's some fine yarn you made! Quick, go get some more...

Tiny Tyrant said...

Beautiful Rachel.

How about the cover bag on the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book?

That's what I'm finally using the cursed yellow bamboo for that I bought to make something for my mother. It's turning out really nice.

I'll have to line it, but it's still nice.

Juls said...

pretty. Love that shiny stuff! You could do the ascot from Holiday IK...

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Damn, that was fast.
Okay. So what I can trade you for spinning lessons?

Mari said...

Show-off!

My yarn hasn't even made it out of the bags it came in.

Teenuh said...

Holy cow! That was quick. And wow, beautiful too! My Stitches stuff is still sitting in my basket waiting to be photographed! Show off! :)