Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ho Bag and Schwag Hag

There's been plenty of blog fodder recently (probably interesting only if you're a knitter and either read the same blogs or hang out with the same people I do). But there hasn't really been much time to actually blog about it. I don't have a lot of time now but I'll give it a shot - drive-by-blogging:

Ho Bag

Last weekend I spent the day with TMOTPS (The Minions of the Pointy Sticks) celebrating the holidays at Jasmin's (otherwise knows as TPD - Tiny Persian Dictator) house. 'Twas tons of fun. There was a gift exchange, lots of good food, Christmas stockings and a lot of goofing around. Gigi made these for everyone's stocking - look! A Ho Bag!


Atop the Ho Bag are/is? Fetching - slightly modified - for a co-worker as my Secret Santa gift to her. I made them in about 2 days and that includes some frogging when I decided to get rid of the picot edging and cabling at the top and just go with the 4x1 rib. They're made of Cashmerino left over from my first knitting project ever. Yay for stashbusting! I'm going to make myself a pair too - you don't need much in the way of warm clothing around here, but these are perfect for those raw, rainy days that make up winter in the South Bay. It's a nice pattern and a super-quick knit.


Schwag Hag

I got an IM from Jasmin the other day "Dude! You're on Schwag!". OMG I am! Franklin made some more 1000 Knitters goodies and I'm on the bag. Not half-in-the-bag (shut.up.), on the bag. Bottom row, next to the last picture on the right. I'd seen the shot but didn't recognize myself. I commented that I'd like to think my picture was chosen thanks to my sparkling conversation and witty repartee while chatting with Franklin, but no such luck. But I'm glad the random number generator liked #247. As soon as I pick up some Christmas cash, I'm going to place an order.

More fibery fun:

A couple of weeks ago I went to Margit's house for a spin-in. Cindy was there, working on her first wheel-spun yarn ever. Isn't it nice??!!


I think it's BFL but I'm not sure - Cindy, correct me if I'm wrong, will you?









We all celebrated the occasion.














Some people get tipsy from sparkling wine. Apparently I just grow branches with birds on them out of my head.






Thursday, I went to Purlescence to help celebrate the impending arrival of Baby Boo, Nathania and Kevin's little girl, to be born in the very near future. I can't decide if I'm more amazed at the wonderful and thoughtful gifts Miss Boo received or at the large number of wonderful and thoughtful friends that Nathania and Kevin have! It was a really nice time and I was happy to be part of it.

























Nothing else to report - but I did want to put in one last picture - my last post I blogged about a roasted vegetable recipe, but I only showed the dish pre-cooking. Here it is completed.

Yum again.







5 comments:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Fetching seems to be the quick knit gift of choice this season.

Love the color.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being schwagged! (Ducking...)

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

Cindy/Snid said...

Yes Rachel- it is BFL and it was great fun to spin. Highly recommended fiber if you are a newbie like me!

Congrats on being schwaggified!!!!!!
;)

Celia said...

And now I realy want a Schwag Bag!

Shadkitty said...

That's awesome!! I wanna be on a bag...wait...what? :) Another one of my blogging friends is on the bag as well. Actually, he's in the second row from the top, above your picture.