Monday, October 29, 2007

San Jose's Next Top Model

Riso insisted on modeling the finished Shapely Tank:

I had spread it out on the guest bed to take a picture and he immediately leapt up and announced he needed to be a part of it.







This is his orignal pose - he felt more comfortable modeling it like this:










I've also been spinning. This is some Merino/Tussah from Deep Color Studio near Berkeley (they don't do retail any more - therefore no link). I finally figured out that the secret to spinning this stuff is to not pre-draft it. I was pre-drafting at first and kept breaking it because I couldn't control it at all. Second try was much better. I've got about 188 yards of this stuff, and I have no idea what to do with it. Any suggestions?










Riso suggested serving it with Fava beans and some chianti. I'm hoping someone else has a better idea.











Next WIP - a baby sweater. A friend just had a baby girl, and her husband announced, before the kid was a day old, that she was already a Yank-me fan. So I HAD to make this for her. I'm sending with a note: "Dear Bella, I know your daddy loves the Yankees but I thought you'd rather dress like a winner". Hee...

It's almost done - I did the neck today during lunch, and all I have left is blocking and seaming.







Next project: the Mimimalist Cardigan from the IK fall issue (though I hope I have a less sour look on my face than the model has here):











I'll be using Legato from The Yarn Place. It's 80% bamboo, 20% merino - the same stuff I used for the Twinkle Toes Socks I made this spring. Lovely stuff!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Your handspun is so beautiful. Well done you!