Friday, January 18, 2008

I Fed All My Arsenic To My Ex And It's New Lace Anyway

Done, done done! This is the Zig Zag Lace Shrug by Ava Coleman, knit up in Touch (Merino, Tencel and Cashmere blend) from The Yarn Place. I actually knit it for The Yarn Place as a sample - if you're going to Stitches West, you'll see it there.

'Touch' is really nice yarn - super soft and squooshy, and not splitty at all. I highly recommend it.












View up close - check out the beads - my first beaded project! They slow things down like crazy but they're fun.









My favorite thing about lace?

How This:









Becomes This:

11 comments:

Celia said...

OK. This title wins the prize for my all time favorite title EVER, hands down. And the lace is very pretty, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous.

Well done you. ;)

Cindy/Snid said...

I like that pattern! Looks like a fun knit... How long did it take you?

Kathy in San Jose said...

Ni-i-i-ce!

~Donna~ said...

It's so purty!!! I just love love love knitting with beads, but i have yest to finish a beaded project. gah. Someday......

Northside Knitter said...

I can't wait to see it in person! Even unblocked it was amazing.

It will be in booths 803, 805, & 807 at Stitches West. Mention you saw this on Rachel's blog and Yarn Place will give you 10% off the purchase of the ZigZag Lace Shrug pattern and Touch yarn.

Diane

Danielle said...

Nice work -- blocking really feels like a miracle, huh?

Tiny Tyrant said...

Rachel that's gorgeous.

Careful with that arsenic young lady, we just found out we might have some in our water (well).

Getting it tested this week.

Mrs.Q said...

Ooooh...Pretty! I'm starting my third attempt at my "first" lace project...wheee! (But I'm awhile from trying beads, yet)

Teenuh said...

Oh rock on! That is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it at Stitches!

Fucking awesome job, my friend!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Gorgeous! Hey, I think I'm going to Stitches on Saturday if you want to try to meet up for quick visit and a hug.