Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Girasole e Finito

Girasole

Design by Jared Flood

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Luscious Single Silk in Blech colorway.

I used a little less than 3 skeins.

Cast on August 21st, completed October 21st.

It would have been finished a lot sooner but I slacked off on more than a few occasions.

It's a big project but a really fast knit. I'm in lurve and hope more of my friends get married so I can have an excuse to make more.

Miele's not the most enthusiastic model:

Trouble's not too excited either:

Brian needs to learn how to be unafraid to express his true feelings:

9 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

It's gorgeous! What a great project. I'd be afraid I wouldn't finish; I'm a slacker.

margene said...

It's so gorgeous and Brian should realize what an accomplishment it is. He should be patting you on the back!

Toni said...

LOL! BEAUTIFUL shawl!

~Donna~ said...

LOVE the shawl and the reactions to your hard work.

I'm always amazed at your knitted projects. You totally rock with the needles woman!

Big Alice said...

Oooh, it's beautiful! Gorgeous! I can only bet it feels 100x as wonderful, too (but I am a Silk Ho.)

Janine said...

BELLISIMO! (SORRY--CAPS ON DAY! BUT YOUR SHAWL DESERVES CAPS, AND ITALIAN)

Cookie said...

Rachel, it's gorgeous!

I think Brian should stop being shy and tell us how he really feels.

Mother of Chaos said...

This is why "mark all read" is a very bad idea indeed, and I made the right decision in resisting it.

What a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL thing.

AlisonH said...

Tell me it's not really called Blech... It's just gorgeous, Rachel, gorgeous.