Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lacy Love

Voila!

Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark. I started it on January 21st and blocked it this evening. Fast lace knitting by my standards, especially considering I've had a few long workdays from which I've come home, had dinner and promptly crashed on the couch with no knitting whatsoever.

Another angle:

Nupps - which aren't anywhere near as hard as people make them out to be. All you need is a nice sharp needle (I used Addi Turbo Lace needles).

This yarn (Great Adirondack Sireno - Merino/Lace) is amazing. It's super-soft, has a wonderful sheen to it and is an absolute dream to knit. I still have quite a bit left from the 1 skein I used - definitely enough for a small lacy scarf.

I generally prefer lace in a solid or semi-solid, but I like how the colors played out in this one.

I love this shawl so much...

I think I'm going to make another one!

13 comments:

Kathy in San Jose said...

Gorgeous!

Sydney said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni said...

Nice!!! I love how subtle the color changes are--it looks more like the light playing on it than the wild color changes I always pick in variegated lace. LOVELY!!!!!!!

~Donna~ said...

It's GORGEOUS...and you knit it up so quickly...and here I am still struggling with Spencer's scarf...sigh.

Unknown said...

Very rich and colorful and your knitting is just perfect.

For a moment, I thought you and Ted (http://knitterguy.typepad.com/) knit the same shawl...both have peaked edges and nups.

I need to get back to lace knitting soon.

Tiny Tyrant said...

It's beautiful Rachel.

Mrs.Q said...

Very nice! It'll be perfect for the Happy Day. (And that yarn is indeed dead sexy!)

Cookie said...

Beautiful!

You are so right about the nupps. I wonder why they have such a bad rep.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Great job!!!

joan said...

Lovely! Nupps are there to remind you that you are the boss of the knitting. I love the Sireno too, my first lace was out of it.

Mother of Chaos said...

See, now this is why I just can't hit "mark all read", even if I am five days behind on reading.

Absoutely drop-dead gorgeous. :)

Teenuh said...

Beautiful shawl Rachel. I love how it turned out!

Bogie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I want to make one!